Guests of the bazaar will also have the opportunity to purchase nursery items and handmade crafts created by the church’s Boutique Committee.The bazaar is undoubtedly one of the church’s richest traditions, since the church, which is located at 6929 Franklin Blvd., was founded in June 1968 and the bazaar was first held in 1970.PRESENT CHURCH BUILDING Evidence that the church building was not large enough to meet the needs of a growing congregation is in Trustees minutes dating to 1867.On September 2, 1882, a new church lot, Lot 6 in Block 95 was purchased for ,500. Louis Coburn, preached the last service in the old church building.
There has been a Methodist congregation meeting at the present site of the church since 1828.
Both collections of Missouri information (at Central Methodist University Library and the historical MO East collection at the State Historical Society in Columbia, Missouri) were inventoried.
That information is searchable via the web at the General Commission Website.
Three area congregations merged to the Newtonville location in 1858, and the church was called Asbury Chapel.
When the building then in use exceeded its physical limitations, the current building was constructed.